Saturday, January 30, 2010

i, i, i ...


I was thinking the other night, what had ever become of David Bowie? You know, of “We could be Heroes, just for one day…” fame? I hadn’t seen him around for a while so I figured that he was off on some Pacific island enjoying his golden years with his wife, Iman. Later I learned he is still quite active, doing concerts and winning awards and such. Here he is pictured receiving a recent award, which looks like the suspension out of somebody’s truck. I hope they don’t get mad when they find it missing….

Anyway, it really wasn’t David Bowie I was thinking of at all, rather of Iman. She was way ahead of the curve with all this Internet stuff and nomenclature. Years before there was an iPod, iMac, or iPad she was just her not-so-little-bit-of-a-self Iman. She is a true original in a world full of so many knockoffs. I wonder if she gets a royalty every time they name something new that’s prefixed with an “i”.

1 comment:

  1. "i" think you're very clever and hysterical.
    (guess I'll be paying Iman royalties for this post : )

    ReplyDelete