Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Long Shot



Ya wouldn't believe it in a million trillion gazillion fabillion years!

Once again I was writing for my life, (with a pen this time) and wouldn't ya know it? The pen would not work. Well, that's not exactly the truth. No not fully. Not by a long shot. It DID work. KINDA. When I tried to use it, only intermittent faint traces of ink were left on the paper. Actually it was the back of an envelope I was using to test the pen on, but who really cares?

Anyway... The pen started to leave grooves on the paper with no ink in them at all, grooves that got deeper and wider the harder I zipped the pen back and forth trying to get it to work, as I became a slave of my own frustration. I even stuck the tip of the pen in the flame on the gas stove, because some one had once told me that putting an errant pen in a flame for a few seconds would get it to work. Well, they lied. Perhaps it was just that they, or certainly it was I that was misinformed. Someone was that's for sure.

What to do? What to do? If I took a poll, which I won't, I bet most of you would say, "THROW IT OUT!" (I'm not even going to speculate what a hoarder would say). So I decided to follow the faux mass opinion, and that was to toss it. And look where it landed! What ended up happening was truly a long shot, something I could never do if I tried for a million years.


I will say no more for now, except for this, as some one wisely noted, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

2 comments: